How Can Cloud Computing Improve YOUR Business?
I read a great article on Five Ways Cloud Computing Can Speed Up Your Projects last week and it got me thinking... I know how *I* use cloud computing but how do others use it? The article gave 5 good, but generic processes that can be improved using cloud computing such as approval routings and upgrades. What ELSE can you improve on with cloud computing? Just to sit down and work in the morning, I have to open several tabs on my browser:
- Evernote - to keep track of projects, notes and to-do lists.
- Dropbox - to hold all the PDF's and presentations from my seminars.
- Google Calendar
- Bloglines - my RSS reader to keep up on marketing, technology and LPM
- Hootsuite - to keep track of Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn all in one place!
- and of course, the back-end to this page.
Here are some great uses of cloud computing that could help improve your business:
- GoToWebinar - when I worked in corporate-land, we used it all the time to provide training on new processes and proceedures without having to pay for travel expenses. It also saved the company money by having less employee down time.
- GoToMeeting - another great way to form a cohesive company when you have more than one office without the expense of lots of employee down time, but still having a corporate culture!
- SalesForce - fabulous CRM that allows you to track all sorts of information through ALL pieces of the sales cycle. If you have high-volume leads/sales, this is a great tool.
- QuickBooks online - book keeping without software on a single machine in your office
If you do a google search, you will find cloud solutions for almost any need you have! What are some of your favorites?
Jen Steed writes about technology, travel and more. You can find her writing for various online and print publications. To talk to Jen or see all of her articles as they are published, you can follow Jen on Google+.