It's official, mobile devices are a security plague! Like an army of zombies descending upon business to cause wreck and ruin. From a McAfee survey released in December 2011, here are the gruesome details:
- 63% of malware volume for mobile OS's are from Android
- 51% of survey takers said thier organization has experienced a data breach due to insecure devices (an additional 23% didn't know).
- 38% of those breached suffered theft or loss of information and or resources
- 31% suffered disclosure of confidential information
- 10% had interrupted services
Keeping close tabs on the security of mobile devices is extremely important for businesses. This may include watching the devices that the business IT doesn't know about, such as your employee's personal Android phone.